Currently I am in my last semester of course work classes at Indiana University in Bloomington Indiana. I have been here for 4 years which seems unreal to me because I feel as if I just graduated high school. This upcoming fall, I will finish my last semester of college in Ft. Wayne as I student teach in an elementary school in Fort Wayne Community Schools. I have yet to find out what school and teacher I will be working with, but when I find out I will let you all know. I am so excited to get into the classroom and work with students! During my student teaching I will complete 8 weeks teaching in a regular elementary classroom and my last 8 weeks teaching in an elementary special education environment. Then, after that I will graduate from my undergrad on December 20th 2008.
This summer I am moving back in with my parents to save money as I work and later student teach in the fall. I will be employed by them helping to raise a litter of English Bulldog puppies. Since my dad got a new job, he will not be available like he has been in the past to help raise a litter of puppies. My mom asked me to help and in return I will get paid for helping and cleaning the rental houses in Bloomington. It will be nice this summer to not have to report to a certain building, at a specific time, and not worry about asking off. I am dedicated to helping my parents as much as I can. Jason still is unsure as to what he will be doing this summer in terms of work. He graduates from Wabash College on May 11th and I could not be more proud of him! Next fall he is going to most likely attend Indiana University School of Medicine to start off his medical schooling to become a doctor. He is hoping to be in Indianapolis but might be placed in Ft. Wayne or other I.U. campuses.
Friday (7th) I'm flying to Albuquerque to visit one of my good friends from high school since I am on spring break. I have not seen her for about 2 years so I am very excited to see her. We are going to basically catch up and enjoy the 6 days that I am there. Jason has been on spring break this past week and is with some frat brothers in Panama City, Florida. It sounds like he has been having a blast!
Well, that is about all the time I have to update right now. My anthropology class is beginning. Hope things are going well for all of you!! Bye!





No comments:
Post a Comment