Our Wedding!

Weight Watchers Success

Monday, March 10, 2008

In New Mexico!

Hola! I feel like I should be typing this post in Spanish since I am in New Mexico. Right now Sarah and I are in Albequrque at a local coffee shop so we can get online and check our email. She cannot get internet in Los Lunas which is about 30minutes from here. My cellphone is also having signal trouble at Sarah's apartment so I have not been communicating very much with the outside world while on vacation. I really think it is beautiful out here. You can see the mountains and there is something very peaceful about the desert with a clear starry filled sky.
This past Saturday and Sunday Sarah and I drove about an hour away to visit Sarah's mom Cindy and her partner Jan at their house in the middle of 80 acres of beautiful desert. We stayed in their home built of straw bales, pop cans, and adobe that was beautiful inside. Then we visited their neighbor Kathy who has an earth ship home. An earth ship is a home built using car tires, pop cans, adobe, and logs for beams. Kathy's home is very cool and it was inspiring to see because it was all made of recycled products and she even used solar panels for electricity and recycled her water. Her home is heated by the sun and the large windows that allows it to come in.She also has a beautiful landscape to look out on. The whole weekend there was just so peaceful! It was also very nice to see Jan and Cindy again and catch up on the past few years that we have not seen each other. They made us delicious dinners and we played a lot of fun board and card games. It was just so great, to be on vacation with Sarah there. Later Saturday, Sarah took me on a walk to the arroyo to pick up rocks and see the beauty of it. Another beautiful site.
We came back to Los Lunas on Sunday night because Sarah still has to work this week. Today I slept in while she worked 8am-4pm and I had lunch with my big sister Laura (Sarah's big sister). We also had a great day with great discussions and it was so nice to have her company. I am very proud of her because she actually just found out that she got accepted to Notre Dame for grad school in peace studies and she got a full tuition scholarship and a stipend for going there. She is one of two Americans that got accepted into that program. GOOD JOB Laura!!! Tonight Sarah and I may go to the movies or go to the Indian Casino since we never have been before, who knows what we will end up doing? I fly back Thursday morning to Indiana and then I will be picked up from the airport by Jason and we will spend our weekend in Ft. Wayne. This spring break has been great! I'm off to explore more with my great friend Sarah! Adios!

No comments: