What a Mother's Day yesterday! My day began at 6am feeding the 3 wk old bulldog puppies and then leaving at 6:30am to drive to Crawfordsville IN to see Jason graduate. My mother and I drove to Fishers with Jason's mom, grandma, and brother and we picked up my dad at my sisters. Then we drove to Wabash College where Jason's dad and his new girlfriend Sue were there with Jason. We attended a baccalaureate at 11am in the chapel of the school, which was beautiful. We had lunch at Jason's fraternity house at noon where we talked and shared memories of Jason's life at Wabash. Finally, at 2:30pm Jason's commencement began and he had graduated Magna Cum Lade from Wabash. I am SO PROUD of him!
The PROPOSAL STORY...
After the commencement all of us went back to Jason's fraternity so we could regroup before driving to Castleton to go to dinner. I followed Jason up to his room to help carry the last few bags of his things down stairs so we could carry them to the van. While we were upstairs he asked me if I would like to go on one last walk with him around campus so he could take back his gown and cap. I said yeah and we began our walk through the beautiful campus of Wabash College. We walked pass the field house where we worked out when I came on the weekends, the lawn in front of the chapel where we took Fabio to play, and pass the bench that Jason once painted. We were holding hands just reminiscing of his time and the memories we shared at the college. As we moved our way to the arboretum Jason stopped and turned to me and told me that these last 4 years he couldn't have done without me and that he didn't know what else to say but just do it and he got done on his one knee!! Then that is when he asked me to marry him. I didn't even look at the ring until after I pulled him up off the ground and gave him the biggest hug and kiss ever. He then put the ring on my finger and it was beautiful. I could not have asked for a more PERFECT proposal! It was and is so special to me! I LOVE that man soo much!!! Right after it happened 4 of Jason's good friends and fraternity brothers walked up and were cheering and giving us hugs and they asked Jason, "did you do the knee thing?". It was really nice for them to share that moment with us too! When we got back to Jason's frat house our family was sitting in one room together and they greeted us with hugs and kisses. We celebrated our engagement and Jason's big accomplishment at dinner in Castleton at Bucca's. It was one of the best days of my life!!!!
Right now we do not have a set date but have some ideas of when we would like to do it. I'll keep you posted when we figure out the set date :0)





1 comment:
Your ring is absolutely beautiful!
Post a Comment